“We know that the connection to your pets lasts a lifetime.”
Oncology Team Members
Edwin Brodsky, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM (Oncology)
Deirdre Meehan, LVT, VTS(ECC); Erica Anderson, LVT, Bernadette DeLuca-Kjeldsen, LVT
Jessica Giraldo, Lee Anne Donato,
The Oncology service at Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island works tirelessly to provide information and support to both you and your client whose pet has received the diagnosis of cancer. We understand your clients’ concerns and we will work compassionately to help them get through this difficult time.
VMCLI is now the only veterinary care provider on Long Island to add a Radiation Oncology Service with stereotactic radiation (SRS/SRT). With collaboration across Medical and Radiation Oncology, Surgery, Neurology and Internal Medicine, VMCLI offers the full spectrum of comprehensive cancer care under one roof.
Our focus is to provide you and your client with an accurate diagnosis, discuss all the various treatment options, and ensure that all of your questions are answered. By working closely with our Surgery and Internal Medicine departments, we can determine the type and extent of the cancer so that the best treatment plan can be developed.
Oncology Services Include
- Diagnostic imaging- Radiography, Ultrasound, CT scan
- Radiation Therapy
- Bone marrow aspiration
- Nutritional Support
- Chemotherapy administration
- Surgical oncology in cooperation with the surgery department
Diseases Treated Include
- Lymphoma and leukemia Mast cell tumors and other skin tumors
- Bladder tumors (e.g. transitional cell carcinoma)
- Splenic tumors (e.g. hemangiosarcoma)
- Bone tumors (e.g osteosarcoma)
- Soft tissue sarcomas
- Vaccine-associated sarcomas
- Mammary tumors
- Intestinal tract tumors (from mouth to anal sacs, including liver)
- Respiratory tract tumors (from nose to lungs)
- Histiocytic tumors
If you would like your client’s pet to be evaluated by a member of our oncology team, please contact reception to make an appointment with Dr. Brodsky. The Oncology team frequently accommodates emergency referrals during office hours. Alternatively, your client’s pet can be admitted through the emergency service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for stabilization and transfer to our Oncology team.